As cryptocurrencies become more and more popular, it is becoming increasingly important to understand how to store and share them. One of the most secure ways to manage your coins is through MetaMask, a browser extension that lets you securely access Ethereum decentralized applications. This article will guide you through the simple process of adding USDC tokens to MetaMask. We’ll explain what USDC is, how it works, and the steps required to add it to your MetaMask wallet.
What is USDC?
USDC is an acronym for “USD Coin,” a United States dollar-backed digital currency created by financial services company Circle. It is a stablecoin designed to have minimal price volatility and maintain a fixed value of one US dollar. As a fully collateralized coin, each USDC in circulation is backed by one US Dollar held in reserve.
The goal of the stablecoin was to provide consumers with greater transparency and security when buying, selling, and holding digital currencies. USDC provides users with fast, reliable, and cost-effective access to global capital markets without going through banks or other traditional financial institutions. Additionally, since issuing loans against tangible assets using USDC as collateral is now possible, it has opened up new opportunities for borrowing money more quickly and securely than ever before.
You can also read:
How to Disconnect Connected Sites on MetaMask
How to Reset MetaMask Password in Less Than 5 Minutes
Can I Add USDC to MetaMask?
You can add USDC to the Metamask wallet through any network, but you need to ensure that that network is compatible with the Ethereum network.
Also, you can use several different networks to add USDC. It can be easily viewed on the USDC Coinmarketcap page. You will be able to add USDC to networks supported by Metamask and compatible with the Ethereum Network.
However, USDC will also exist on several other networks, such as Tron (TRC20) and Solana. One can add these versions of USDC to Metamask Wallet because Metamask does not support them.
How To Add USDC to MetaMask in Ethereum
Adding USDC to your MetaMask wallet is a relatively straightforward process, and you can complete that in just four steps below:
- Log in to the MetaMask account or wallet. If you still need a wallet, you can download it at the Metamask.io website.
- After you log in, select the ‘Import tokens’ button, which will be available in the Assets tab, just below the Metamask wallet extension.
- Once you are at the ‘Import Tokens’ page, you must enter the ‘USDC’ into the search field and select USD Coin.
- If you have chosen the USDC, you can click next and the ‘Import Tokens’ button to add that to your MetaMask wallet.
How to Send USDC to MetaMask?
You can send USDC to MetaMask, which is relatively easy, and that can be done from any centralized exchange (CEX). Here, you will see the USDC is sent to MetaMask Wallet through Binance. Follow the steps below:
- Buy USDC on Binance using your credit card or any available payment method.
- Visit the exchange’s ‘Wallet’ or ‘Assets’ page and find the USDC token.
- You must have a MetaMask Account, and you need to copy your MetaMask Wallet address.
- Once done, you can copy and paste the address into the USDC withdrawal field highlighted in red.
- If your transaction is confirmed, USDC will arrive in your wallet, and the process will not take more than 10 minutes.
Adding USDC to Metamask in ERC20 Network
When you add USDC to Metamask then, that will involve about three steps on the ERC 20 network:
- Log in to access your MetaMask wallet.
- Look for the Assets tab and scroll down below.
- Choose ‘Import Tokens’; after that, you should search for USDC.
- Once you have selected USDC, click next and import the USDC token.
You need to make sure that you are using Ethereum Mainnet while on MetaMask. It is the default network for different wallets, which you can connect to other blockchain networks.
Import USDC to Metamask in Polygon Network
To add the USDC to MetaMask on the Polygon Network, you have to go through a few steps, which are:
- First, you should go to the MetaMask and ensure you are in the Polygon Mainnet.
- Click the Asset tab and scroll down.
- Choose ‘Import Tokens’ and click on ‘Import Custom Tokens.’
- Copy the contract of Polygon here “0x2791bca1f2de4661ed88a30c99a7a9449aa84174“.
- Double-check USDC and select ‘Add Custom Token.’
That’s it! You have successfully added the USDC token to your Metamask in the Polygon network.
Add USDC to Metamask in Cronos Network
Follow the steps below:
- Go to MetaMask and ensure you are using the Cronos Network.
- Choose ‘Import Tokens’ and then ‘Import Custom Tokens.’
- Copy the contract of Cronos contract here “0xc21223249CA28397B4B6541dfFaEcC539BfF0c59“.
- Double check USDC, which is detected, and select the ‘Add Custom Token.’
That’s it! You now added the USDC to Metamask in Cronos NEtwork, and if you want to know more about the Cronos chain, you can go ahead and visit their website or join the community in their Discord Server.
Harmoney ONE Network
The steps which you need to follow to add USDC to MetaMask on the Harmony ONE network are as follows-
- Go to MetaMask and also ensure you are using Harmony Mainnet.
- Choose the ‘Import Tokens’ and ‘Import Custom Tokens.’
- Copy the contact of Harmoney “0x985458e523db3d53125813ed68c274899e9dfab4“.
- Double check the USDC which will be detected and also choose ‘Add Custom Token.’
It would be best if you went to MetaMask and ensured that you are using Harmoney Mainnet by clicking the network tab. You can check the step-by-step guide online if you still need help setting up the Harmoney Network on the MetaMask wallet.
The steps which are involved in USDC to MetaMask on Avalanche Network are mentioned below:
- First, you should go to MetaMask and ensure you are using the Avalanche Network. To do this, click the network tab and see what network you are currently on. The default network should be Ethereum.
- Click the Assets tab, scroll down, and look for the Import token option.
- Choose the ‘Import Token’ and then click on ‘Import Custom Token.’
- You should copy the Avalanche C-Chain contract here “0xB97EF9Ef8734C71904D8002F8b6Bc66Dd9c48a6E“.
- Once it is done, you need to double-check whether USDC is detected and if it is, then choose ‘Add Custom Token.’
Now you can see the USDC token on your assets tab. If you have USDC in your wallet, it will appear here.
What other Chains is UDSC available?
- Gnosis Chain
- Boba Network
- Terra Classic
- Metis Andromeda
- Oasis Network
- Avalanche DFK
There are several ways to add USDC or send USDC to your Metamask wallet. Most of the procedure is the same when adding USDC token to your Metamask wallet. But that will depend on the network and the process. You can use the same method to add ETH, DAI, or USDT to MetaMask wallet because the currency is the same. However, you may come across several currency versions that cannot be added to MetaMask.